With 20 preset functions for workout, 16 Levels of Resistance, Power Intensity Ramp Ifit Technology and a Super Space Saver Design, Proform 990 CSE Elliptical is overall a good choice. The outlook of the trainer is good. It has big pedals, which are suitable for different positions of your feet. Jillian Michaels and other certified trainers have designed the interactive workouts. But as it is a low budget product, there are ought to be some disadvantages.
|At a Glance: Proform 990 CSE|
|Price Range||Under $1000|
|Dimension||27x 66 x 81.5 Inch|
- Well Constructed
- Reasonable price
- Disk of the pedal is not properly aligned and so it leads to painful assembly
- Flywheel too light
- May make cracking sound
The 990 CSE introduces the ultimate experience in elliptical. Attuned with iFit Live, this trainer sends exercises powered with the help of Google Maps to replicate territory throughout the world, Jillian Michael’s training and mechanical resistance control for resistance. It is one of the high-end machine manufactured by the company.
Super Space Saver
This particular elliptical can be folded like other machines and can be placed in a straight position. While you are using the trainer, you can place it in any corner of your house as it occupies very little space.
Quite in the budget
If you are looking for a feature packed and low cost machine, 990 CSE is probably the best choice. This machine offers many good features like a good console, better frame design, a super space saver, sophisticated entertainment choice and many other interesting elements in a comparatively low price. You may not find so many features in any of the expensive trainers.
With iFit technology we can work out on a variety of different courses around the world. This app uses Google Map to display the course on the trainer’s screen. With a little extra cost you can enjoy this facility. This feature allowed us to create our individual user ID and also keep the record of the information of your workout. This feature is not available in any other elliptical.
There is an 18”x20” adjustable stride for better workout. We could adjust the length of the stride by the Power Adjustable Stride. With different stride positions we can target the particular parts of our body.
The other sophisticate features are:
- The modifiable stride length of the machine stimulates your muscles more by adjusting your stride length between 18”-20” during the workout.
- The Power Intensity Ramp of the machine can be adjusted targeting your muscles zone by selecting 10-30 degrees to get fast result.
- The Graffix Display shows manifold fields of information in a concise format.
- 16 Digital Resistance Level quickly modified your exercises.
- The Quick Touch-In-Handle Controls, can set your resistance level conveniently.
- 20 Built-in Apps for Workout aim the definite muscle groups to get faster result.
- The smooth and silent magnetic resistance lets you adjust the intensity of your workout without interfering the workout.
- The multiple positions of the oversized pedals of the Elliptical offer comfort to the exercisers.
- Enjoy the most out of your workout with the inbuilt Dual-Grip Cardio-Grip Heart Rate Monitor that ensures your right training zone to attain your goal.
- The easily foldable pedals and base of the machine gives the saves space in your apartment.
- The cooling fan will keep you cool.
- The 2.0 sound system with this elliptical allows you to enjoy equalized music in different frequencies.
- The elliptical is compatible with the iPod that rock your exercises to your choicest music.
- The machine can put up to 325 lbs.
With a 325 pound capacity, this machine is manufactured from commercial grade steel for durability. It also has a Cool Air workout Fan which ensures that you have a comfortable workout. These machine measures 27x 66 x 81.5 inches and can be accommodated anywhere in the gym or in the house.
The assembly of this machine is quite simple and may take two individuals. The product manual is detailed yet simple to understand (though it was simple to us, many customers had complaint about the complexity of this manual, You can download it from here). There is a list of parts mentioned in the manual which we need to sort first and then start the assembly. With the step by step instructions in the manual it is easy to assemble and start the machine within two hours from the delivery. disk of the pedal is not properly aligned and so it leads to painful assembly process. It makes a cracking sound if not assembled properly.
Heart Rate Monitor
It has an EGK heart rate monitor in order to make sure that you can have access to your progress very easily and adjust the programs accordingly.
This elliptical trainer has a Grafixx display. This display helps to track time, speed, calories burnt, pulse rate and distance. You can control the trainer with the Quick Touch controls built in the handle.
Like any other elliptical trainer, there are 20 preloaded programs from which you can choose the best that suits your needs. These programs are designed by some of the best certified trainers.
This trainer comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame, one year warranty for parts and labour. Overall this is pretty decent.
The Proform 990 CSE Elliptical is a moderately priced featured pack machine. As the price is low there are some disadvantages like the material used in the frame is not very sturdy as compared to the other expensive machines. But overall it matches the requirement. It has many features which many other expensive machines do not have. The iFit technology is an added advantage. Also it has easy to understand display and an entertainment facility, so when you work out, you can listen to music. Overall it’s a good choice for the people who have just started with the daily workout.