If you hate going to the gym for working out then the Smooth CE 8.0LC Elliptical Trainer is for you. Built like commercial gym machines, this trainer is suitable especially for the taller and heavier users that would like to workout at home but still experience gym quality equipment.
|At a Glance: Smooth CE 8.0LC|
|Price Range||Under $500|
|Dimension||85″ L x 26″ W x 52″ H|
|HR Monitor||Contact & Wireless|
- Long stride
- Extremely durable frame
- Heavy-Duty flywheel
- Music friendly
- Good warranty period
- Wireless heart rate monitor chest belt included
- Bulky trainer does not fold
- Too heavy to move (304 lbs.)
- No Adjustable incline
- Customer complaints related to slow, poor customer service
Smooth CE 8.0LC is extremely valued commercial-grade elliptical. Sturdy elliptical is supported by an excellence warranty and is intended to last for years. Get in figure and stay inspired with a mechanism that has the precise stability between qualities and functions. This elliptical is a worthy choice for those wishing for an elliptical that they can consider on years after year; and one that will be adept to grasp to daily use. Having multiple diverse workout programs and intensity levels you will be able to constantly improve your suitability level in the confidentiality of your own home, minus having to pay for a gym membership.
- Compact Duty, Commercial Grade Elliptical Trainer The CE 8.0LC is an engine intended for home workout and well-lit commercial usage. With a maximum weight of 400lbs, this is a steady and long lasting elliptical that can endure full daily use.
- Large, Cushioned Pedals Having oversized, non-slip, cushioned foot pedals; the CE 8.0LC compromises a comfy workout offering you the capability to alter the location of your foot while doing your routine.
- LCD Touch Screen, Adjustable Display This elliptical deals an innovative processor with a backlit LCD monitor and a cohesive reading rack.
- Full Duty Flywheel The Smooth CE 8.0LC Elliptical did away with rollers (removal of rollers also removes the annoying “bump” occasionally experienced with former ellipticals) and instead uses a heavy duty flywheel. This makes it a lot smoother and also eliminates the bumpiness when using it for workouts. With a heavy-duty flywheel, this trainer has an outstandingly smoother drive than other ellipticals.
- Magnetic Braking System The high-class technology of magnetic brakes on this machine permits the even shifts and ends even throughout active exercises.
- Wireless Heart Rate Control Usually only accessible on added exercise machinery for an extra cost, your CE 8.0LC appears with a FREE wireless heart rate monitor. Arrange your ideal heart rate, band on the chest screen and the resistance of your practices will automatically be accustomed as your heart rate variations.
- 21 Challenging Preset Exercise Programs 1 manual program, 12 preset programs, 4 heart rate programs, 1-watt control program, 1 personal program, 1 random program and 1 pulse recovery program. – Tilt and Go Wheels Transport wheels deliver stress-free drive to move your heavy machine to any part of your home or office.
- Full Upper Body Workout This trainer delivers full body training with poignant handlebars to support you extends your health objectives on one multipurpose system.
- Mp3 Connection with Speakers It comes with an Mp3 connection with speakers and unified volume switches for you to tune in to your preferred music.
- Water Bottle Holder – Integrated Reading Rack We were very satisfied after trying this elliptical. Yes it is costly, yes it is heavy, but it is high quality, and it is made to last for a long time. Notwithstanding from it being well made and providing you back-up while you workout, it also offers you peace of mind with the lifetime warranty covering the framework as well as the braking structure. It also has a 10-year warranty on parts and two on labor. Though it has some weakness points like having no incline features and reverse stride motion capability for better balanced lower body and just having a simple handlebars, This elliptical is worth buying!
- mySMOOTH Fitness The trainer is also compatible with the mySMOOTH Fitness trailer so you can have the experience of virtually workout outdoors through their full motion videos. This however is sold separately
The CE 8.0LC commercial elliptical is designed to be used at home or for light commercial use such as a small gym. With a weight of 304 pounds, this trainer can handle users with weights of up to 400 lbs. The trainer’s dimensions of 52 inches x 26 inches x 85 inches make it appear bulky and space-eating. The only bad thing about how this machine was made is that it does not come with an adjustable stride length. The stride length of 21 inches may not be suitable to other people.
The trainer comes with easy to follow instructions on how to assemble it yourself. However, if you avail of the premium service, professionals will deliver it to you and have it assembled. You will also be given a run down on how the trainer works and how to use and adjust the different programs that you can use for your chosen workout.
Heart Rate Monitor
This trainer comes with a free wireless heart rate monitor so that the machine can effectively check on your heart rate. When using this heart rate monitor, the machine will check if your workout is adequately getting you to your targeted heart rate. The trainer will automatically increase or decrease the intensity of your workout in order to achieve your desired heart rate.
A large blue lit LCD display console clearly shows speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate and time. It also shows the type of program that you are using. The console also includes all the buttons that will control the intensity of your workout. The lite touch control easily allows you to switch from one exercise program to another depending on what you want your workout to be.
There are 15 pre-set exercise programs that can challenge you when you workout using this trainer. For users that would like to have a workout that will allow them to burn more calories, they can choose the weight loss program. Hill climb, rolling hills, ladder, mountain climb and plateau programs will give the user the same intensity workout that he or she will get while going on an actual outdoor hike. These programs are ideal for users who want to build up their leg muscles and to increase their stamina. The heart rate control program allows users to maintain a targeted heart rate. In this program, the user enters a target heart rate then the machine will gradually increase or decrease the workout level to reach and maintain the target rate. For athletes, this trainer has several interval programs that will keep them in their peak athletic conditions.
This machine is backed with an industry leading warranty which provides lifetime warranty on the trainer’s frame and brake systems. All parts and electronics on this trainer are also backed by a seven year warranty while 2 years of home service is given for free. Aside from its being too bulky, the Smooth Fitness CE 8.0LC Elliptical is one equipment that is a must have at home.