Body Max M3 is a hybrid machine and offers you benefits of a stepper and an elliptical at the same time, but one can argue that it lacks in the features department. For that, you can look towards the M5 and the M7 in the series.
|At a Glance: Bowflex Max M3|
|Fly Wheel Weight||Dual direction Economy Flywheel|
|Resistance||8 (magnetic tension resistance)|
|Programs||2 (Manual, MAX Interval)|
|Dimension||46″ L x 25″ W x 63″ H|
We like the Bowflex Max series for a reason- they all look incredibly awesome. The M3 is the entry-level model in the series, and even without the good looks, has a lot to offer to workout enthusiasts. Bowflex claims that their zero-impact hybrid machines in the Max series can burn up to 2.5x more calories when compared against other elliptical machines.
The Max Trainer M3 has a black body with scintillating red highlights. With 2 workout programs, 8 resistance levels, and chest strap for heart rate monitoring, it is a pretty cool machine to have at the comforts of your own home.
- Looks awesome!
- Compact and space saving.
- Stair stepper and elliptical functions with the same machine.
- While working out, you are in constant contact with the unit, and hence you enjoy minimum impact on joints and sensitive areas.
- Improved calorie burning in a short time.
- Good upper body workout compared to other machines.
- Can save up to two user profiles.
- Heart rate monitoring via chest strap
- Comes with an easy to read display and a convenient tablet holder.
- Only 2 workout programs leave you wanting more.
- Only one-year coverage on the warranty.
- No connection to speakers.
- No heart rate contact grips.
- Dimensions: 46″ L x 25″ W x 63″ H
- Supports up to 300 lbs (140kg)
- Compact and can be folded
- 8 resistance levels
- 2 workout programs (Manual, MAX Interval)
- Chest-strap heart rate monitor
- Water Bottle Holder
- Media shelf/tablet holder
- Display with indicators for calories burned and burn rate.
- Heart rate monitoring via chest-strap
The entry-level model is built on the same technology as the rest and offers improved calorie burning and better upper body workout. The resistance on the unit can be challenging to many, but this is a good unit that can get you in shape before a big race or marathon, and that too, with reduced impact on your joints. The machine lacks contact grips for better heart rate monitoring and can be slightly noisy.
Warranty and Build Quality
Bowflex Max M3 is well built, and a bit heavy which contributes to its sturdiness. The one year warranty is a bit of a bummer, keeping in mind that other similarly priced machines in the market usually offer up to 3 years. Additionally, Bowflex has a return policy of 6 weeks, so if you want a full refund, you just need to ship it back.
Assembly is a bit of a challenge and would normally take you more than an hour. There are vendors out there that can take on this responsibility, but with a charge. Directions are rather straightforward and easy to follow.
At the end of the day, the M3 is a good machine to have sitting in your home. It’s compact and has advanced technology that makes it less grinding on your joints while at the same time offering you better calorie burning experience. It is a hybrid machine and offers you benefits of a stepper and an elliptical at the same time, but one can argue that it lacks in the features department. For that, you can look towards the M5 and the M7 in the series.
Technical Specifications of Bowflex Max M3
|8 Resistance Levels 2 Workout Programs Heart-Rate Monitor Target-Zone & Burn-Rate Indicators Water Bottle & Media Shelf/Tablet Holder|
|Resistance type||magnetic tension resistance|
|Heart rate control||Wireless HRM|
|Flywheel weight||Dual direction|
|Display||An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate monitoring.|
|Water bottle/accessory holders||Yes|
|Dimensions||54L x 23W x 63H|