Schwinn stepped into the elliptical trainer market in 2014 with an experience of over 50 years in the fitness equipment industry. Being already well established as a bicycle brand, they initially proved their worth with a keen eye for performance and durability with their exercise bikes back in 1965. Since then, innovation has always been a pivotal part of their fitness line of products.
One of the key strengths of Schwinn lies in the customizability of their equipment that allows them to provide for just about any user – whether be heavyweight or lightweight. Besides regularly providing modern standard features, their products are known to hold something extra that brings in an X factor in a home workout.
Schwinn elliptical trainers are also known for their inclining features that facilitate more customized workouts, as well as having dual LCD screens in some of their units for more in-depth fitness information. They also give owners the ability to set up several user profiles to allow more personalized experiences, comes with a good number of programs pre-installed and are highly programmable. The Schwinn 470, in particular, has mentionable features – equipped with a motorized ramp, it comes with 29 workout programs. Their product line also features a reclined elliptical trainer (Schwinn 520) that helps users to maintain a healthy posture as well as reducing the chance of strain or injury.
- Durability: Build quality is exceptional, able to support a good amount of weight without problems.
- Customizability: Abundance of features and programs to help personalize workouts.
- Features: Extra unique features in comparison with competing products as dual LCDs, heart rate monitors, multiple user profiles, etc.
- Stride: Sufficient stride area on trainers for better workouts.
- Handlebars: Responsive handlebars with heart rate monitoring grips for better insight into fitness progress.
- Mobility: Most products are quite heavy and cannot be easily tucked away like many of its competitors.
- Shipping Costs: Unless bought from a seller with free shipping, the cost of the equipment can be high due to the weight of the product.
- Warranty: Unlike some competing brands, there is no lifetime warranty on Schwinn’s elliptical trainers.
- Pedals: Not adjustable on most models.
It is evident that Schwinn has been designing their elliptical trainers with fitness enthusiasts in mind. Their machines can give their competitors a run for their money concerning performance and can surely dish out a challenge for the buyers. For the people only starting out or looking for the bare necessities, other brands would serve their purpose better. Overall, it is Schwinn’s ability to give users the ability to shape their workouts according to their specific needs that are most impressive – precisely why we think that they are great value for the money.