- Adjustable Power Intensity Ramp for getting better result for targeted muscle mass
- 18″ Stride Length with a full stride for developing lean muscles.
- Perfectly clear and easy to read 5″ Backlit Display exhibits your time, speed, distance, pulse and calories burned.
- 14 Quick Resistance Levels immediately regulate the resistance during training with one touch.
- Upper-Body Workout Arms with Soft Grips use up more calories and put in muscle tone that offers a complete body workout with maximum benefits for cardio.
- 18 Built-In Workout Apps help to get you targeted workout
- The Elliptical is planned and manufactured by a Certified Personal Trainer and mechanically adjust the resistance to get the most out of your time.
- The smooth and frictionless SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance system adjust the intensity of the workout without making any interruption in the activity.
- The extra-large cushioned pedal allows some position of foot and offer great steadiness during the exercise.
- Dual-Grip EKG Heart Rate Monitor keeps an eye on heart rate to ensure the right zone to achieve the goal.
- The built-in transport wheels make it easier to move the elliptical from one place to another
- CoolAire Workout Fan keeps the users to stay fresh and cool during the workout.
- Space Saver Design saves about 3 feet of your much needed floor space as its base and pedal can be folded.
- Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System allows the consumers to enjoy the preferred media in rich equalized sound.
- Compatible Music Port for iPod to rock the workout to your much loved music.
- The Water Bottle Holder keeps you far from dehydration by keeping your water bottle very near to you.
- 300 lb. Weight Capacity of the Elliptical accommodates up to 300 lbs.
- The Elliptical measures 79 4/5 x 27 x 66 1/5″
- It offers life time warranty for frame, 1 year for parts and labor.
For me, the iFit® technology installed in this machine was a great catch. It allows me to go all over the world while working out with this trainer. You can have access to an expert trainer and use Google Maps™ to develop your very own route from Europe to North America. You can enjoy the external views through the high-def videos and compete with your friends to make the whole experience even more exciting.
This elliptical allows me to adjust the incline to get better results. You can focus on different muscle groups while training by modifying the shape of the stride. I usually work on my calves, gluts and quads for better result and the focus can easily be adjusted through a very user friendly control panel. You can choose incline grade adjustments in between ten and twenty-five degrees.
14 Digital Resistance Levels
The 14 digital resistance levels are quite effective for intensifying the training process. The transition from one level to another is really smooth and easy. However, I think they could have done better with distinguishing each resistance level to make it even more effective.
CoolAire™ workout fans
The whole idea of the CoolAire™ is to allow you to work out for longer hours. The fan is installed into the console so that it can be adjusted at ease. However, you may find some issues with this system as it may not “cool you down” as well as it sounds at the first place. So this may set off the mood just a bit.
This trainer can accommodate up to 300 pounds. The size of the footprint is 78″ L x 27″ W x 78″ H. The oversized cushioned pedals gives stability while working out and you can also try different foot positions as you wish. However, they could have pulled out a better design for the rails and the base to ensure more stability. Moving this machine is also quite easy with the transport wheels. Also, the steel frame construction makes this elliptical strong and durable.
Assembling the 14.0 CE is pretty much straight forward. It needs two persons. I managed to put it together with one and a half hour without facing much of a trouble. The guidelines are very clear and elaborative in the user manual. So it won’t make you sweat hard while assembling.
I found the heart rate monitor sensors installed in the handlebars quite impressive. They allow me to monitor my heart rate while working out. An accurate progress report can be seen on the console that helps to keep track on the amount of calorie burnt during exercise and cardiovascular conditioning.
The 5” backlit display will allow you to track progress very easily. The display shows resistance, speed, time, distance, heart rate states and calories burnt during the workout. The track style display allows monitoring the progress accurately.
This trainer includes 18 built-in workout programs that are developed by a professional trainer. The programs are designed to adjust the resistance of the machine automatically to enhance result through maximizing the exercise time. I found the navigation system quite user friendly that allows me to select a particular app and start with it in no time. However, one shortcoming with these programs is that they are only slightly different from each others. Means, despite having access to 18 different programs, you won’t be able to experience enough variations while switching from one program to another while working out.
ProForm 14.0 CE Elliptical comes with a Life Time Frame warranty. It also includes one year Parts and Labor warranty which I think should have been at least three years. So that’s a matter of concern.
In general, for me, the ProForm 14.0 CE Elliptical is a pretty decent tool for exercising within a budget range of a thousand dollars. The model looks good and the system is quite user friendly. It is just I expected a bit more variations in the apps and better stability. Other than that, this elliptical will work just fine to give you good results.