Xterra FS150 Elliptical Trainer
With 24 levels of resistance, this elliptical trainer goes beyond the 8 levels featured on many similar compact elliptical trainers. XTERRA’s elliptical trainer also features a quality LCD display to track the progress of your workout and all your stats, pulse grips to keep track of your heartrate, the ability to plug in your phone and listen to your favorite music while working out, and 12 pre-set programs to help you plan your workout course.
The machine also has a computer-controlled resistance braking system as opposed to a manual one. The features all combine together to make for a comfortable workout that is still effective.
- I like being able to plug in my phone and listen to music from the machine
- This machine has more resistance levels than other machines I’ve tried
- There is a good variety amongst the workout programs, including ones for heart rate control, body fat burn, and timed workouts
- Plugs into a wall outlet so no need for batteries for the LCD display
- Despite the heavier flywheel, the elliptical machine rocks a bit while in use. It needs to be anchored down in order to hold still
- The base is narrow and this doesn’t help with the rocking problem
- Lower weight limit than other similar machines
- Backlit LCD display
- Built-in audio jack and speakers for plugging in MP3 players
- Pulse grips for monitoring heartrate
- 24 resistance levels
- Transportation wheels
- 15.5 lb flywheel
- Large, non-slip foot pedals
- 13″ stride length
- 265lb weight limit
- 12 pre-set workout programs
The XTERRA Fitness FS150 elliptical trainer is 50″ x 23″ x 64.2″ and weighs 72.8lbs when assembled. It includes a 15.5lb flywheel and a belt drive system. The machine comes with padded handlebars and oversized pedals with non-slip surfaces and a 13″ stride length. It has a rear drive frame design and is powered by plugging it in to a wall outlet.
The owners manual and instructions include pictures and diagrams of all parts that should be included in your package. There are written descriptions, quantities, and part numbers included in the Assembly Pack Checklist as well to help you keep track of all the various pieces. There are written instructions as well as diagrams to show where each part fits together and the parts are numbered in accordance with the Assembly Pack Checklist. The pictures and diagrams are extremely helpful, as the written instructions only include 7 “steps”. Expect to take at least 2 hours to fully assemble.
Display and Console:
The console features a 3.7″ LCD blue backlit display. The display shows time, distance, calories, speed, program profile, RPM, and resistance level. The console also includes an audio jack and speakers so that you can plug in your phone or MP3 player in order to listen to music while working out. There is also a raised area on the console to set your phone/MP3 player. You can start/stop your workout and adjust the resistance up or down from the console as well.
XTERRA includes a 1-year parts and frame warranty with purchase. Should any part of the elliptical runner, including the frame, become damaged or fail to work properly, you can order a replacement part free of charge from XTERRA within your warranty window.